Frequently Asked Questions
What are the delivery times?
Generally lead times are 2-3 weeks from approval of artwork. However urgent orders can be accommodated depending on various factors, our sales team can advise you on this. Special factory custom orders (refer Indent) as they are produced overseas the lead time is 12-14 weeks sea-freight or 8-10 weeks air-freight.
What are the minimum quantities?
Different products have different minimum quantities dependent on the cost of decorating the product.
Are samples available?
We are happy to provide samples on request however we do require samples to be returned to us. Due to expenses incurred (as we have to pay for the samples) we do have several policies in place
- If you are a new client we ask that you shop around first and compare products and prices. If you would then like to move forward with an order but need to check the quality of the item we are happy to provide samples for you.
- Maximum quantity is 2 of any one product range. All samples provided free of charge are requested to be returned within a 21 day period otherwise they will be billed out to you at the 100 unit rate.
- Any accumulated samples over a total value of $20 +GST and less than $50 +GST (based on the 100 unit rate), will need to be paid for before despatch. We are happy to credit this back if an order is placed and/or samples are returned. Any samples with accumulated value of over $50 are non returnable for a credit unless an order is placed.
- If total value of samples exceeds $50 +GST they are non returnable for a credit unless an order is placed. Credit will only apply to those items ordered and returned. Any other items not ordered are non returnable for a credit.
- Any one product over $30 +GST (based on the 100 unit rate), that we do not have in the showroom and need to specially order in is non-returnable/non refundable if an order is not placed. If order is placed and sample is returned we are happy to credit this back against your order
- Any client with an annual spend of over $5,000 can have any sample sent free of charge up to a value of $50 +GST. These samples must be returned after inspection or they will be charged to your account.
- All samples provided free of charge are requested to be returned within a 21 day period otherwise they will be billed out to you at the 100 unit rate.
- Any samples over a total of $50 +GST (based on the 100 unit rate), will need to be paid for before despatch. They are non returnable for a credit unless an order is placed. Credit will only apply to those items ordered and returned. Any other items not ordered are non returnable for a credit.
What is a pms colour?
A pms colour is a print colour with a code used by printers to represent ink colours. A standard format used throughout the world, your logo will be made up of these pms colours.
What is an eps?
An eps (encapsulated post script) is an electronic file containing an image (logo) and is the specified format required for artwork.
What is a full colour print or 4 colour process printing?
4- Colour process printing is a method of printing using 4 basic colours Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and black in a combination to create a wide range of colours (ie full colour). It is a complex printing method used to create photographic images or when lots of colours are used to create a design.
What is the difference between structured and unstructured caps?
Structured caps have a fabric called Buchram behind the 2 front panels, this gives the cap a firm appearance. Unstructured has no Buckram, giving the cap a more casual look.
What does Indent mean?
This is a custom factory order which means we produce and decorate the item in an overseas factory. There are minimum quantities required to make this option feasible, lead-time is between 12-14 weeks for sea freighted items or 8-10 weeks air freighted.
- Price savings
- The ability to provide a truly unique item
- Flexibility of colours
- Flexibility with fabrics
- Add extra features to an existing design
- Create a new design
Any product with the brand of the person or company given to a client for the purpose of building business or developing brands can be defined as a promotional product. Anything from a plastic pen given away at a trade show to an embroidered sports bag given with new memberships falls within this classification and they are all used with the expectation of increased trade and/or goodwill as a result.
EVERY business can benefit from the effective use of promotional products, the challenge lies in getting the maximum return on your investment. Before talking to any promotional products professional you should have at least rough answers to these common questions available. Doing so will enable us to offer our most effective assistance in assuring a successful promotion.
Questions We May Ask You
Why would you use Promotional Products
Clothing and Headwear
We have a vast array of apparel available for your next event and are always available to answer your questions and offer advice on the right clothing choice for your company.
Clothing for the promotional product industry has come a long way in the last few years with fashion entering into many of the styles available today. No longer are ladies required to wear a baggy men’s tee or polo, we have a large range of garments made to fit the female form that incorporate many feminine aspects such as cap sleeves, scoop neck lines, v necks and tailored cuts.
Many companies are now choosing to supply their staff with company polos. We are here to help you co-ordinate all your uniform requirements – no matter whether you are going for a casual look or a traditional business shirt and tie we can find the right solution for you.
One of the most challenging aspects of purchasing clothing is the selection of sizes as there is no nationally recognized standard set of dimensions. There is commonly a major disparity between sizes across different manufacturers, importers and styles as each designer is free to create their own patterns according to their interpretation of past sizes. To minimize this risk we prefer to use our more popular mainstream importers who have consistency of sizing across their range. If you are unsure of your size requirements, please ask us for a sizing chart for the garment in question or samples. Once an order has been placed, we are happy to send our clients samples to confirm their choice of sizes. Those samples are then returned to us and become part of your order so you can be certain of getting the correct garments.
By understanding your objectives and your goals you can make sure you choose a product that will meet them.
Who is your target audience?
For example; are you targeting school leavers and university students entering the workforce? Or perhaps you have a campaign directed at 25 – 40 year olds.
What is your budget? Do you have an approximate budget per item/total budget?
Are you looking at a large volume low cost campaign e.g. under $2 an item or perhaps you want to reward 10 of your special clients for their continued loyalty e.g. $50 an item.
When do you need your Promotional Products?
The timeframe available for the preparation of your products is valuable information. Many items are available within 10 working days, however custom made items may require up to 30 working days and offshore items generally take 10 – 12 weeks to be delivered. If we know how long you have we can make sure the products we recommend will be available in time for you.
What quantity do you need?
Specifying the quantity of products required helps us provide you with accurate pricing. Most pricing operates on a sliding scale i.e. the more you order the cheaper the price becomes.
What logos/messages do you want to put on your Promotional Products?
By specifying the number of colours and number of positions you want to decorate on the product we are able to give you an accurate quote and also advise on the best decoration method to suit the product you are using.
How will your products be distributed?
This is an important consideration to make sure you use a product that will fit in with your campaign. For example if you are mailing your promotional products to your target audience you will want to consider something fairly compact and light otherwise postage costs will be significant. The delivery method is part of the overall experience and should be considered carefully.
Our preferred artwork format for the majority of applications is Corel Draw files version X3 or below with all fonts converted to curves or an eps file. It is important that these files are vector art files allowing us to manipulate the images if required. For the majority of logo applications we also require pms colours of the logos to ensure we get as close a match as possible to your corporate colours. In most instances artwork can be emailed to us. For larger files these can be zipped and emailed, or alternatively put on CD and mailed if time allows.
The only occasion where vector format artwork is not required is embroidery, and one colour screen prints under certain conditions. If you do not have the artwork in the correct format or if you require artwork to be created please advise us and we can work with you to create the design and the most cost effective solution depending upon your situation and requirements.